Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Beginnings!

Hello everyone!

I'm starting a new blog today to help archive what I am calling my journey of self-discovery. I'm a newly married wife and am excited to share the rest of my life with my soul mate. We have many goals and dreams that we hope to achieve together. This blog is one of my goals, personally. The blog allows myself to be able to share what I experience. All I ask is that you treat this blog with respect. Treat thee as you would like to be treated.... I believe this is a fairly simple concept that is often forgotten this day in age. I just hope some need a little reminder ;)


I've always been interested in witch craft, the Occult, Wicca, etc, whatever name you would like to use. I first encountered the craft at a young age with a fairly foggy memory of a faery circle. It's a faint memory, but I believe with some visualization work, I can figure out that memory....but we are getting ahead of ourselves!!

I came across the Craft again when I was in high school. I received a book of spells from an acquaintance as a thank you. I was deeply enthralled with the gift, much to the dismay of my mother. I was raised in a fairly strict (at least what I believe to be strict) Italian-Irish Catholic family. I was enrolled in Catholic school for 13 years, Kindergarten through 12th grade, so you can see why when my mom happened upon my beloved book why she would panic and think I was travelling the way of the darkness.

My book mysteriously disappeared and was forgotten about until a few years ago. I still have never found it and have decided not to bring it up with my Mom as it will most likely lead to a conversation on religion I have had a thousand times, but one that falls on deaf or biased ears.

I never felt a closeness with Catholicism and went through the motions like a good Catholic girl for my family. Church every Sunday, Catholic school, etc etc. I also had a need to read, learn, and research the many options in the world, available for any topic. Now, in my adult hood, I've finally travelled back to the same mysterious magic that has found me since the early time of my life. No longer bound by chains of family, parentage, and expectations, I am able to follow my curiousness openly with the support of my new husband. As I've said, this blog serves as an archive of my journey. I cannot wait to finally get started!!

Blessed be!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment